The Mechanical Engineering intern will be responsible for aiding the team in development of new cold storage products. The scope will depend on the specific phase of the project but will include design and testing of specific features from concept to prototype and possibly production to facilitate meeting product requirements. Potential areas of focus and responsibility could be mechanical or refrigeration system based.
A typical day will consist of mixed activities including:
- Modeling of potential design solution to the problem. This may be CAD or mathematical modeling such as strength calculations or similar.
- Attending design team meetings.
- Summarizing and sharing your work.
- Building and testing prototypes in our Technology Center lab or test rooms.
- Developing design options and choosing solutions to issues that arise during product development.
- Finding and documenting potential issues with the designs that arise during prototype builds or product testing.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements