When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Marietta Manufacturing site is a part of the Laboratory Products Division within Thermo Fisher Scientific. Our laboratory equipment products are used primarily by pharmaceutical companies for drug discovery and development and by biotechnology companies and universities for life science research to advance the prevention and cure of diseases and improve quality of life. Our offering consists of equipment, accessories, and services for sample preparation, storage and protection, and analysis.
How will you make an impact?
You will Provide engineering and technical support to manufacturing production cells by recommending and applying engineering methods to improve processes, enhance product quality, eliminate waste, reduce cycle time and improve operating performance to meet on time delivery and customer happiness.
What will you do?
- Participate in problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Develop/Update documentation throughout the manufacturing process.
- Resolve shop floor technical issues to achieve shop efficiency and quality goals.
- Recommend Manufacturing processes, procedures, tools, equipment, layouts, and methods for improvement.
- Participate in New Product Development (NPD) implementation
- Participate in PPI Business System/LEAN continuous improvement
How will you get here?
- Engineering related classes (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial)
- Good Mechanical knowledge
- Hands on experience with tools and equipment
- Experience working within a team environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to resolve sophisticated problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- CAD skills- SOLIDWORKS, AutoCAD (a plus)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office