When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you will do important work and you will have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and chances to create significant contributions to the world.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking students with an interest in a STEM career to intern with us this summer.
Year: Entering your Senior year of College. Major must be an Engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering)
Description: Intern’s main responsibility will be assisting Operations Engineering team with project work for the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creation and modification of test and assembly instructions for electromechanical assemblies
- Management and creation of Bills of Material
- Review of drawings for compliance to BOM’s
- Assist engineering staff on equipment automation and upgrades, including mechanical assemblies, cable assemblies, pneumatic assemblies, calibration equipment, and computers.
- Assist in the development of Manufacturing process improvement ideas, through the implementation of LEAN manufacturing principles, design & implementation of assembly tools or fixtures
- Improvement of product quality through Root Cause Analysis
- Coordinate improvements to the visual management of the area
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Shows passion, commitment, a strong results focus and an understanding of Thermo Fishers strategy and how this cascades through to the shop floor.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, positive demeanor
- Experience with Engineering software such as LabVIEW, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or Altium
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to master a variety of software applications (SAP, Brainshark)
- Must possess basic software skills and computer literacy (networking/Linux experience a plus)
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous projects at once while staying organized
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to operate in a multifaceted, fast-paced, diverse environment
- Resourceful and motivated to learn new skills
At Thermo Fisher, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission – enabling our customers to make the world heathier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.