When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have built an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an upbeat, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field. This position has many opportunities to offer!
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in supply chain to produce products that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Supply Chain Excellence , Analytics, and Operations are carried out by dedicated professionals who want to make a difference.
Summary of Internship
Internship positions provide an opportunity for supply chain and process engineering students to get hands on experience in a manufacturing environment.
Internship opportunities within Operations may include:
- Process Engineering
- Planning & Sourcing
- Supply Chain
Hiring Locations may include but are not limited to Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, California, Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- Provide practical support related to supply chain projects focusing on process excellence and efficiencies.
- Bring to bear academic knowledge in practical work settings to drive improvements in process.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the intern’s experience level and abilities
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related engineering, supply chain or business management field
Preferred majors: Operations, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Management, Logistics or other related major
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in supply chain/operations
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to teach other specialists about technology in area of expertise
- Previous experience is preferred
- Aptitude for working with computer based technology and having experience using data visualization may be beneficial
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!