As a Packaging Engineering Co-op you will work in a new product development environment that develops a wide variety of plastic lab ware products from concept to launch.
You’ll be able to collaborate with product design engineers, process development engineers, other packaging engineers, quality engineers and project leaders to develop packaging for consumable plastic products used in life science, medical device, laboratory, diagnostic and consumer product markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a Co-op mentor in a new product development environment that will allow you to learn product development methods and grow your packaging engineering knowledge.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Partner with Great Coworkers: Participate on cross functional project teams to develop new products and manufacturing processes. Present packaging design concepts and test results at technical reviews. Work with your Co-op mentor on specific engineering assignments.
- New Package Design: Collaborate with project teams and external suppliers to brainstorming new concepts for packaging components. Complete technical feasibility and cost assessments. Create detailed packaging component drawings and engineering change requests.
- Packaging Engineering Standards: Help to create and implement packaging engineering design guides, test standards and sustainability guidelines.
- Equipment Selection: Assist in the selection of a range of standard packaging equipment and obtain quotes from suppliers.
- Verification and Validation Testing: Conduct process qualifications of new equipment to medical device standards. Coordinate packaging ship tests per industrial standards and document results with detailed technical reports.
- Currently enrolled in a Packaging or Mechanical engineering Bachelors Degree program
- Ability to create basic packaging component drawings. Solid Works is preferred.
- Knowledge of packaging transportation test methods (ISTA or ASTM).
- Experience with basic data analysis and statistics to analysis part measurement data.
- Knowledge of CAPE PACK program is desirable.
- Strong PC skills, proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willing to travel domestically approximately 10%