When you join Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover impactful work, innovative thinking and a culture dedicated to working the right way, for the right reasons – with the customer always top of mind. The work we do matters, like helping customers find cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and delivering COVID-19 solutions. As the world leader in serving science and with the largest investment in R&D in the industry, you will be empowered to realize your full potential as part of a fast-growing, global organization that values your passion and unique contributions. Our commitment to you and our 80,000 colleagues is to provide the resources and opportunities you need to make a difference in our world while building an exciting career with us.
Location/Division Specific Information
At the Plainville site within the Viral Vector Services (VVS), a division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, we deliver Advanced Therapeutics from process development through commercial supply, and we offer the expertise and resources vital to help clients deliver innovative gene therapies
How will you make an impact?
The Engineer Co-Op/Intern, Plant will be responsible for supporting the plant engineering activities. The focus of the position will be supporting the operational start-up of the Plainville commercial manufacturing facility. This role will support the manufacturing, laboratory, and warehouse operations through the Facilities and Engineering departments.
What will you do?
- Assist with the review and transition of the ETOPs (equipment turn-over packages) from the project team to the site team
- Assist with targeted walkdowns and system evaluations during the operational readiness activities.
- Assist in responding to utility and equipment related issues during the operational readiness
- Assist any facilities/utilities activities during Tech Transfers of new products into the Manufacturing facility
- Manage small operational projects
- Ensure work is performed in compliance with cGMP regulations and company SOPs
- The position involves close collaboration with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Sciences, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and other Engineering teams
- Uphold, define, and police safety procedures and safe practices
How will you get here?
- Enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree program in mechanical engineering, biochemical engineering, chemical engineering, electrical engineering or related engineering field
- Experience with creating technical based documents
- Completion of materials, mechanical and/or electrical related coursework, team related projects/research is a plus.
- Exposure to Microsoft Windows, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Autocad, solid works
- General understanding of cGMP standards and industry engineering best practices.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication, technical, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Flexibility to accommodate to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines.
- Must be a team player this position involves close collaboration with Manufacturing, Manufacturing Sciences, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, and other Engineering teams prepared to lead, work in, and embrace a team-based culture
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs,
- Ability to walk, climb stairs, bend, crawl, or reach for an extended period.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations during the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation during the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.