When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have built an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an upbeat, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field. This position has many opportunities to offer!
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in manufacturing to produce products that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Operational Excellence in Manufacturing & Production is carried out by dedicated professionals who want to make a difference.
Summary of Internship
Internship positions provide an opportunity for a PPI Business Systems and Data Analytics Intern to work on Practical Process Improvement Initiative and implement large-scale data visualization. By partnering with PMO and operations we’ll help guide the business as you identify and lead process improvement opportunities, analyze and trend global data sets, and implement solutions to some of the organization’s largest problems!
What will you do?
- Collaborate with teams to analyze, develop, and implement digital Visual Management
- Proactively find opportunities and implement solutions
- Discover data requirements and sources, and make recommendations for changes and/or improvements
- Promote benefits of new process
- Balance multiple tasks and prioritize to complete project
- Demonstrate knowledge in visualization and business intelligence tools
- Develop training for new process
- Implement balanced and sustainable process
- Have Fun
How will you get there?
Working on degree in Business Intelligence, Business Analytics or Business Management
- Proven experience in Power BI and Excel
- Excellent ability to visualize data
- Curiosity and Creativity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-drive and ability to learn
- Passion for continuous improvement
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ready to improvise
- Database and SQL skills would be nice to have
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has an outstanding story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.