At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 outstanding minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting for a PPI Engineering Intern based in the Franklin, MA facility, which is one of Thermo Fisher Scientific’s manufacturing centers of excellence for Air Quality, Product Inspection and other product lines.
Your work will support Environmental and Process Monitoring (EPM) business unit within the Chemical Analysis Division. PPI is the Practical Process Improvement Business System used Globally throughout Thermo Fisher Scientific.
This internship position provides an opportunity for an engineering student to get hands on experience working with engineers and technicians in a fast-paced operations environment. The intern will collaborate with Quality Assurance, Manufacturing and R&D staff members and add to business process improvement projects and manufacturing activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Identify an improvement opportunity within the Operations department. Prepare a project charter with Goals and participate in the Kaizen event
- Help improve process run charts and Tier boards for manufacturing cells.
- Create and update documentation for manufacturing standards of work
- Support engineering changes for existing products and/or processes
- May be required to assist other duties as needed
- Currently pursuing a BS degree in Engineering. Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Basic understanding of mechanical or electrical engineering design principles
- Experience with SolidWorks or LabVIEW are a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team. Team leadership is a plus
- Strong willingness to learn, be mentored and improve
- Desire to chip in and improve design of products and processes
- Ability to understand engineering drawings
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.