Process Engineering Co-Op
Location: Cambridge, MA
Shift: Monday-Friday, Full Time
- This is a 5-6 month, Full-Time Co-Op opportunity
- Spring Co-Ops will start in January 2022 and end in June 2022; Fall Co-Ops will start in July 2022 and end in December 2022.
- All Co-Op roles are intended to be on-site; this is not a remote position.
- Your school should have a defined co-op program to participate.
- Some relocation assistance may be provided, as needed.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Viral Vector Services (VVS), part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a dynamic gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization that is looking for leaders to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. The VVS Global Engineering team is a cross functional engineering group supporting over $150 Million in capital investments across locations in Massachusetts and Florida. Based out of Cambridge, MA, the Global Engineering group works to establish engineering standards/systems for the company and introduce new manufacturing technology in addition to capital project execution.
How will you make an impact?
The process engineering co-op is designed to give students experience in a cutting-edge field and to help VVS develop new manufacturing technologies at our Cambridge facility. This role will involve projects in areas such as new equipment installation, engineering best practices, technology transfer, trouble shooting and manufacturing investigations. Projects will be in pursuit of achieving a safe, efficient, cost effective and high quality product and manufacturing facility.
The position will interact with a cross functional group that includes facilities, automation, and validation engineers as well as manufacturing, maintenance and instrument and controls technicians.
What will you do?
- Perform all tasks in accordance with companies established policies and procedures. Document all work. Training new employees on the maintenance of equipment, safety of equipment, SOPs and GMPs on an as needed basis
- Adhere to all established Standard Operating Procedures and Safety Policies
- Inspect equipment to locate potential causes of trouble.
- Routinely check equipment for potential safety hazards and implement safety improvements promptly after a need is identified.
- Interact with production personnel to assess equipment problems and observe equipment to determine what repairs or modifications are necessary.
- Actively participate in company Continuous Improvement activities.
- Communicate effectively with other departments within the organization and function within a team environment
- The candidate will gain experience with Pall, GE, Sartorius and Millipore equipment.
- Interact with the site process, automation, and facilities engineering teams
- Collect information required for execution of assigned projects
- Provides frequent overall feedback to management
How will you get here?
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Enrolled in a university studying an engineering discipline such as Mechanical, Chemical, Process Engineering or relevant engineering discipline
- 2-5 years’ of completed university coursework
- Knowledge of biologic manufacturing, vector manufacturing, fill finish, or label and pack processes
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills; written and oral.
- Ability to perform as an individual and part of a team, self motivated
- Management of priorities and deadlines for task.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.