Summary of Internship
The Product Test Engineer Internship position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing a Chemical, Biology, or like Science based degree to get hands on experience working with engineers in a fast-paced manufacturing and quality assurance environment. The Product Test intern will contribute to determining Thermal performances of New Products and their behaviors. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Provide engineering support related to product development projects including testing and design
- Be involved with many aspects of product quality assurance and some thermal design and analysis tasks
- Provide feedback on specifications and designs
- Learn about product engineering and instrumentation through daily activities.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the Product Test Engineer interns’ experience level and abilities
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Exceptional customer focus
- Desire to teach other engineers about technology in area of expertise
- Familiarity with use of basic measuring devices such as thermocouples, voltmeters, and others
- Engineering Degree
- Previous Internship Experience
- Experience with Laboratory setting and PPE
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.