The Life Sciences Business Operations Internship position provides project management opportunities for students looking to pursue an Operations based career. The Project Management Intern supports the Project Manager in all daily aspects of leading a project including meeting management, scheduling, updates/communication, and presentation preparation. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Support the Business Operations PMO
- Assist with project initiation, defining scope, requirements gathering, etc.
- Engage with key stakeholders, team members, IT counterparts, etc. to ensure communication and updates are issued
- Build project plans with key achievements and results
- Networking with other Operations functions: Planning, Procurement, Supply Chain, Transportation, Logistics, Distribution, etc.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to learn and be mentored
- Ability to accept candid feedback and areas of improvement
- Desire to contribute and improve existing processes
- Exceptional customer focus
- Desire to bring your experience to the table and into the project
- Familiarity with various Microsoft Office 365 tools
- Proficient and adept at Excel
- Balance the use of soft skills with technical competencies
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability and confidence to present to an audience of varied leadership levels
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited degree in a Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or Statistics related field
- General biology / chemistry or greater science knowledge preferred