Summary of Internship
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an upbeat, and responsible intern to join our growing organization. The BioServices and Specialty Logistics business unit is excited to show you the ins-and-outs of our business and give you exposure to how functions operate. We hope the experience will help you acquire valuable insights that can further your interest in your chosen career field. This position has many opportunities to offer!
We are providing an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a computer science, computer engineering, or economics degree to get hands-on experience working with software development and project management teams in a fast-paced, life sciences environment. The position will supply meaningful insights to different teams and tackle exciting assignments that will drive decision-making and risk management for the company.
The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August. Opportunities exist for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Coordinate with Portfolio Managers and Project Managers to update resource management data daily.
- Present overall portfolio status to leadership weekly.
- Analyze and share findings on risks, actions, issues, and decisions across multiple projects.
- Accept honest feedback and look for areas of improvements.
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the software interns experience level and abilities.
- The position under the close supervision of portfolio leads, project managers, and software engineering managers.
Skills and Abilities
- Critical thinking and detail orientation are appreciated!
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-functional team.
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve.
- Desire to lead analysis and provide thoughtful insights.
- Systems Engineering, Computer Science, or Economics Degree.
- Previous project management experience is a plus.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.