When you join Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover impactful work, innovative thinking and a culture dedicated to working the right way, for the right reasons – with the customer always top of mind. The work we do matters, like helping customers find cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and delivering COVID-19 solutions.
As the world leader in serving science and with the largest investment in R&D in the industry, you will be empowered to realize your full potential as part of a fast-growing, global organization that values your passion and unique contributions. Our commitment to you and our 80,000 colleagues is to provide the resources and opportunities you need to make a difference in our world while building a fulfilling career with us.
Location/Division Specific Information
The BioProduction Division is one of the fastest growing businesses in the company, supporting developers and manufacturers of biological-based therapeutics and vaccines. With our portfolio of outstanding products that span the bioprocessing workflow from discovery through large-scale commercial production, our business is driving performance in bioprocessing through collaboration with our customers.
How will you make an impact?
Our POROS resin product line is undergoing significant test method and instrumentation optimization in parallel with an overline production expansion. In this role, the QC intern will be supporting test method validation including collecting and performing statistical analysis and equipment validation (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, & Performance Qualification). Instrumentation includes Coulter particle size analyzers, Fourier Transform Infrared spectroscopy, refractometers, and wet chemistry techniques
What will you do?
- Working directly with experienced technicians and scientist on testing to support instrument optimization and validation processes.
- Analyzing, interpreting, and trending analytical data to present to the team to devise strategies to improve instrument techniques and usage.
- Participate in the Practical Process Improvement (PPI) program for the site helping implement more robust processes and supporting the establishment of redundant systems
How will you get here?
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to a bachelor’s degree in a life science or related engineering field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Read, understand and follow written procedures exactly
- Ability to meet objectives in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and with good attention to detail.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer