Quality Specialist Intern – Summer 2022
Location: Cambridge, MA
Shift: Monday-Friday, Full Time
- This is a 10-12 week, Full-Time summer internship
- Summer interns will start in May/June 2022, and will end in August 2022
- All intern roles are intended to be on-site; this is not a remote position.
- Some relocation assistance may be provided, as needed.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Viral Vector Services (VVS), part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a dynamic gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization that is looking for leaders to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. The VVS Global Engineering team is a cross functional engineering group supporting over $150 Million in capital investments across locations in Massachusetts and Florida. Based out of Cambridge, MA, the Global Engineering group works to establish engineering standards/systems for the company and introduce new manufacturing technology in addition to capital project execution.
How will you make an impact?
The Quality Specialist Intern will be the primary point of contact for the customer on all matters related Quality Assurance Operations. This position requires a highly motivated, tenacious, self-starter who can assimilate new information quickly and enjoys working closely with others within a fast-paced project execution environment. The individual will perform activities in support of dispositioning product and/or raw materials while ensuring compliance with company directives and procedures, customer requirements, and regulatory standards.
- Responsible for contributing to key functional, tactical, and operational aspects of Brammer Bio operations at the Cambridge site. This includes approval & oversight of MFG and QC activities associated with exceptions, CAPA, deviations, Analytical instrument validation, change control requests, and other documentation related to Mfg and QA operations.
- Responsible for evaluating impact, ensuring adherence to compliance standards, including technical ability to evaluate & approve these quality system elements, as delegated by management.
- Proficiency in project management, processes, improvement and ability to address through risk assessment.
- Additional responsibilities may include support in personnel interviewing/training, compliance with policies & inspections.
- Provides feedback for personnel development.
Knowledge, Skill, and Requirements:
- Current undergraduate student, with at least 2 years’ of study completed toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or related field
- 0-2 years’ Quality related experience preferred
- Solid understanding of US, EU and ROW cGMP guidelines and requirements.
- Ability to recognize, understand and respond to situations requiring further evaluation and report these events (process, safety, personnel, etc..) to senior specialists or area management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to understand operational documents for GMP compliance, accuracy and completeness. Ability to work by influencing a matrix management system and to gain the cooperation of others.
- Strong client-facing interpersonal skills coupled with a concern for impact.
- High initiative.
- Rational Persuasion
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Pragmatic, proactive yet flexible approach in the working environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both internal and external.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate self-control
- Ability to resolve conflict within project teams.
- Good leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- proficient at public speaking, teaching, facilitating to peers, senior associates, and area management within their operational group.
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment & handle multiple priorities
- A flexible work schedule is required.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Note: This job description is not all-inclusive. Additional duties may be performed, as assigned. It acts as a guideline and is subject to change over time.