When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals!
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an upbeat, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be encouraged to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of an outstanding team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work and support teams that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo Fisher’s work is carried out by dedicated professionals who want to make a difference. We have many opportunities to offer!
Summary of Internship
This role is a great opportunity for a business or life sciences student to earn hands on experience in a marketing and sales environment and kick start their career.
We offer a unique opportunity with some of the most exciting products within clinical diagnostics and scientific instrumentation. Our organization is constantly evolving, and we guarantee an exciting and ambitious position within a dynamic environment.
The primary functional objective of the position is direct contact with customers, to foster and manage relationships, which will ultimately generate sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for covering vacant positions within our sales organization, supporting our customers through this time and providing the best possible sales representation for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Internship opportunities may include:
- Sales Development
- Sales Support
Hiring Location is Houston, TX.
- Identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers and successfully manage the sales of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan
- Coordinate sales processes for assigned accounts for an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans
- Participate in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with Company philosophy, policies, and procedures
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relation’s management software (Salesforce CRM)
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, and methodologies to improve the overall operating efficiency of the region and sales organization
- Connect with research scientists at all accounts for product information and sales presentations
- Coordinate quotations within Company Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to increase revenues, with guidance from Management and/or Marketing
- Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager. Manage and close sales leads generated by colleagues in Marketing and Technical Support.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a related engineering, science or life science field
Preferred majors: Business Management, Business Marketing, Biology, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or other related major
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career in Marketing or Sales
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Outstanding customer focus
- Desire to guide other engineers and scientist about technology in area of expertise
- Previous industrial experience is helpful
- Experience with handling databases and SQL/SOQL is plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com CRM and the Microsoft PowerBI system is preferred
- Aptitude for working with hands and having experience using hand-tools may be beneficial
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required in performing all functions of this position.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills are required.
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
ACCESSIBILITY/DISABILITY ACCESS: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for participants requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you.
This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation while applying. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.