When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Operations Engineer Intern defines factory and service requirements for new products and supplies to the product and process improvements after release. The engineer understands the importance of customer satisfaction, and succeeds through dedication, passion, partnership, technical expertise and working with a network of expert people within the company. Additionally, the engineer is to provide technical support in order to enable efficient solutions to problems in Manufacturing and Supply chain. The position closely collaborate with various company functions to tackle sophisticated problems and to ensure that system specifications are met in compliance with Thermo Fisher’s requirements for product shipment to customers.
- Assist operations engineers on both improvement and new product projects as they transition from concept through release according to PMP and MDP process. Responsible for finishing the work assigned to Operations Engineering.
- Assists in the training of Manufacturing personnel in new product build, existing product improvements, testing, install and repair procedures. May develop advanced troubleshooting procedures under the guidance of senior engineering personnel.
- May provide recommendations or execute engineering changes to support factory and service as needed to achieve yield and cost goals.
- May provide recommendations or execute engineering changes to support factory and service as needed.
- Provide technical product sustaining support from product release into manufacturing through end of service
- Develop and maintain technical product and process documentation through ECO process
- Design tools and test fixtures as needed to support and improve factory capabilities. Work with operations engineers to resolve needed improvements and help with the engineering and implementation.
- Provide technical support to the factory, to ensure shipping of quality products on-time to customers.
- Conduct detailed troubleshooting and analysis of system or component level problems that affect reliability, performance, etc. This includes the use of statistical analysis such as JMP, practical process improvement (PPI),or other established methods.
- Support the supply chain with engineering expertise. This includes the analysis of parts for reliability, manufacturability, vendor qualification support and supplier technical quality issues.
- Perform hands-on assembly, testing and training of personnel as required during project work (i.e., assembly, test or measurement, troubleshooting)
- Working towards a University degree in a technical field.
- Willingness to work in high-tech industry manufacturing environment
- Must demonstrate ability to create user documentation and engineering reports using common Microsoft Office and Acrobat applications
- Proven ability to plan and resolve issues that involve gaining cooperation of multi-functional, multi-cultural groups and sites.
- Work for extended period in clean room environment.
- Must have a professional working proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience participating or managing concurrent technical assignments.
- Demonstrated experience with process improvements and methods. Experience with use of statistical process control and statistical problem solving methods.
- Proven ability to provide clear and concise analysis of data and experimental methods that may involve multiple factors.
- Self-starter who is also highly productive when not supervised to meet the agreed objectives.
- Must function as a productive team member at all times.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills in peer to peer interaction as well as in networking with senior internal and external personnel in own expertise area.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and chip in to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.