Your college experience is fun. Your work experience should be thrilling. Make life an adventure. Join more than 50,000 people dedicated to enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner, and safer.
As an intern with Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will have the opportunity to put your education to use by taking on real-world projects and assignments. Working side-by-side with dynamic and passionate teams, you will gain experience and mentorship that will help prepare you for your future career.
The Hardware Test Engineering Intern will be exposed to learning about our new product at the prototype stage, learn the technology within, characterize performance, develop a test plan/protocol, and test subcomponent and product functionality. In the process of prototype characterization and product testing, there will be a valuable assessment of the test results against the product specifications and requirements. The result from the characterization will require investigating the reason for product performance. Scientific methods will be utilized in the investigation and document in a report. The findings and conclusions from product characterization and testing will be presented to the engineering team in a peer review.
- At least 18 years old
- Current student in an accredited bachelor’s degree program with a minimum of one term remaining to complete degree
- Major in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, or Mechatronics preferred
- Basic Knowledge of circuit design, or mechanical design, or fluidics design preferred
- Some computer programming and scripting language exposure are preferred.
- Some engineering modeling in MATLAB and/or National Instruments LabVIEW is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High energy, willing to learn, creative self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.