As an intern at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will
* Gain operational experience through site operation tours
* Have exposure to our executive team leaders
* Participate in a number of different Design Control-related activities surrounding NPI (new product introduction) deliverables.
* Understand engineering methodologies to assist in problem analysis such as fishbone diagram, FMEA, A3 problem solving.
* Participate in team building events with your intern peers
Typical week: working with Design Compliance/Quality Engineers on an NPI towards completing tasks related to deliverables required by the project.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Basic safety training as required by the site
* Basic understanding of PCP (product commercialization process) which guides what we do in supporting NPI projects
Education and Experience Requirements:
* College sophomore or above pursuing a STEM-related bachelor’s degree (science, technology, engineering or mathematics)
* Basic computer use – MS Word and MS Excel
Preferred Knowledge: Skills and Abilities:
* MS Powerpoint knowledge is a plus
* Statistics knowledge is a plus
* Project Management knowledge is a plus
* Travel – none; you will be assigned work at the site
* The ability to work 10 – 12 weeks during the summer (this can be adjusted depending on your school schedule)