Intern – Quality Systems
When you join Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll discover impactful work, innovative thinking and a culture dedicated to working the right way, for the right reasons – with the customer always top of mind. The work we do matters, like helping customers find cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and delivering COVID-19 solutions. As the world leader in serving science and with the largest investment in R&D in the industry, you will be empowered to realize your full potential as part of a fast-growing, global organization that values your passion and unique contributions. Our commitment to you and our 80,000 colleagues is to provide the resources and opportunities you need to make a difference in our world while building a fulfilling career with us.
Location/Division Specific Information: Remote/Carlsbad, CA or Pleasanton, CA
The Genetic Sciences Division is one of the fastest growing businesses in the company, in providing industry-leading genetic sciences tools and solutions to advance scientific discovery, enable customers in applied markets and improve global health outcomes. Specifically, GSD workflows enable biomarker discovery and analysis, predictive genomics, reproductive health solutions, pathogen detection, disease-specific solutions, forensics and human identification.
How will you make an impact?
The purpose of this position is to support the GSD Quality Systems organization to build and improve quality systems and training to assure quality compliance and positive outcomes with both internal and external stakeholders such as notified bodies. This position works indirectly and directly with multiple functions to support the development or maintenance of quality process, such as training and management review to achieve world class quality excellence for medical device diagnostic companies.
What will you do?
- Work directly with experienced quality systems specialists and engineers on projects to improve quality processes.
- Deploy various process improvement principles such as process mapping, SIPOC, cause and effect/fishbone, pareto or histogram charts
- Assist in creating or writing procedures, create training material to support procedures
- Collaborates with teams to assist in solving problems and identify opportunities for improvement of quality systems
How will you get here?
- Student currently enrolled in school at a collegiate level, life science degree preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Read, understand and follow written procedures
- Ability to meet objectives and timelines given
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills along with good attention to detail
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US, and should not require now or in the future sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must be able to work full-time hours during the summer, 12-week commitment required