Job Title – Suppler Relations Project Manager Internship
Summary of Internship
The Supplier Relations Project Manager Internship position provides support for the Supplier Relations and Supply Chain Project Teams. The opportunity for the Supply Chain students is to gain experience managing key projects as well as being involved with very cross functional teams both internally and externally that will drive a world class customer experience. Additionally, this role will act as business partner to support IT Team to drive/prioritize EDI implementations and improve transaction success rate/accuracy. Work closely with Portfolio Management, Distribution, Transportation, Purchasing, and Ecommerce to support strategic requirements. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August.
Essential Function/Project Opportunities
- Develop EDI Testing Optimization Project
- Automating test PO being created.
- Complete testing – NCs, 4 shipment POs, etc.
- EDI Validation Rules and Critical Field Review
- Finalize list of validation rules
- Determine critical segments for validation and for business
- Update logic throughout process to be more consistent – SCAC vs Carrier name?
- Update EDI specifications to reflect mandatory fields correctly and justify business need.
- Updated Supplier Scorecards to reflect critical field compliance
- Grade Completeness and Quality
- Work with Supplier Relations Analyst to refine processes to determine a proactive process for ASN Management
- Fix the ASN before the truck shows up at Warehouse.
- Gemba walk process and look of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Help support and manage a Real Time Inventory Project – work cross functionally with the supplier and IT Teams to implement real time inventory capabilities.
- Manage the process with cross functional team on enhanced EDI integration Project – involvement with our EDI partner OpenText
- Support and engage with the Supplier Relations Team on supplier compliance discussions.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to independently take ownership of initiatives and drive execution.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to apply in communications with business partners, the field, and corporate personnel.
- High intensity with demonstrated ability to lead teams and work across functions.
- Supply Chain Degree
- Previous Internship Experience
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.