The Supply Chain intern program at Thermo Fisher Scientific provides opportunities towards career development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals. The position is for a three-month intern opportunity within the Supply Chain organization. Candidates will participate in process improvement projects, which will strengthen the candidates’ skills in teamwork, collaboration, and leadership in the following areas:
• Demand planning and fulfillment
• Warehouse management
• Distribution and logistics
• Data analytics
• Global improvement initiatives
The successful candidate is:
• An individual motivated to cultivate their leadership skills along with their technical, business and commercial skills by applying their knowledge within manufacturing and supply chain areas of expertise
• Candidates should be committed to both their own career development as well as bringing their best to our Company.
• The successful candidate should be comfortable with influencing others.
• The candidate will need to be able to adapt to new roles, responsibilities, and situations.
• The successful candidate is comfortable working independently, working in teams, and leading teams.
• Candidates should be interested in participating in a broad range of work experiences across the supply chain organizations
Required Education and Experience: • Candidates must be currently enrolled in a BS or MS program in one of the following:
• Supply Chain/Logistics
• Chemical Engineering
• Industrial Engineering
• Material Science and Engineering
• Mechanical Engineering
Preferred Experience and Skills: • Ideal candidate will possess superior communication and interpersonal skills, a problem solver, and a team player with the ability to work independently
• Ideal candidate should have leadership experience in field of study, extracurricular activity, previous internship or undergraduate research, military or prior work experience
• GPA 3.0 or higher