Supply Chain Intern
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have built an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an upbeat, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
This position has many opportunities to offer!
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of a world-class team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in quality assurance and regulatory affairs to produce products that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Summary of Internship
The Supply Chain Internship position provides an opportunity for business students who are currently pursuing a business degree to get hands on experience working with Buyers, Planners, and manufacturing in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The Supply Chain intern will take on a project involving reducing inventory and building a model to predict inventory at the end of fiscal periods. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and how they relate to supply/demand
- Support a variety of Supply Chain activities and may be assigned to a variety of Supply Chain tasks throughout the department
- Lead a project on reducing inventory and making it predictable using modeling and historical data
- Provide feedback on Supply Chain processes
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- The intern works under the close supervision of Supply Chain employees and the Director of Supply Chain for the division.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of processes
- Exceptional customer focus
- Familiarity with ERP
- Data analysis
- Pursuing Business related degree
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.