Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location / Division
South San Francisco, CA / Clinical Next-Generation Sequencing Division
How will you make an impact?
Working within a multidisciplinary team of engineers, chemists, and molecular biologists in the Clinical Sequencing Division, you will participate in various projects leading to performance improvements and new applications within existing and NPI platforms.
What will you do?
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to develop, optimize and integrate new workflows and assays within the Ion Torrent Genexus System
- Design experiments, collect and analyze data, and present results
- Construct command scripts to enable new methods or protocols to improve automated workflows
- Utilize wet lab techniques to demonstrate feasibility of new assay introductions
- Become an expert user of Ion Torrent systems, with ability to provide troubleshooting support to internal teams.
How will you get here?
- Master’s degree AND one (1) year of relevant industry/academic wet lab experience using a variety of laboratory techniques; OR bachelor’s degree in Bioengineering or related discipline AND three (3) years of relevant industry/academic wet lab experience using a variety of laboratory techniques
- Proficient with Python, GIT, MATLAB or similar tools for analyzing/handling large/complex data sets and automation
- Detailed understanding of current molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning, DNA manipulation) and DNA sequencing
- Designing experiments, collecting and analyzing data, and presenting/communicating results effectively.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Highly knowledgeable in bioengineering or related field
- Ability to think critically and desire to drive constant improvement
- Highly data-driven/detail oriented and ability to understand individual’s results effect on a systems level
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work cross-functionally and within multidisciplinary teams
- Demonstrated development experience on complex systems relevant to biotechnology sector– Next Gen Sequencing experience
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.