The Tiffany & Co. Foundation seeks a Program Associate to help further the Foundation’s program areas by supporting timely and impactful grantmaking, as well ensuring an efficient grant administration process and contributing to the preparation of Board meeting materials. The Program Associate will help facilitate the Foundation’s grantmaking processes and operations by providing programmatic, administrative, data management and reporting support for the Foundation. The Program Associate will also contribute to broader Tiffany & Co. philanthropic efforts.
The Program Associate will be required to work both independently and to collaborate closely with the Foundation team. The Program Associate’s duties will be highly detail-oriented and will require consistent accuracy, ability to anticipate outcomes, multi-tasking, flexibility, precision, efficiency and discretion.
Grantmaking and Grants Management
- Support the grantmaking process from proposal to reporting.
- Support the Manager in communicating Foundation’s feedback and requests for additional information.
- Assemble information related to grant applications. Ensure all components are submitted and all requirements are met.
- Support best practices in due diligence for prospective grantees, including financial and organizational health analyses.
- Draft external correspondence and internal updates pertaining to grant awards and other grant developments.
- Collect payment-related information from grantees and prepare agreements, letters and other documentation to issue grant payments.
- Coordinate grant award administration process, including tracking and monitoring grant payments, and liaising with other teams when payments need to be made.
- Track the collection of grantees reporting documents, reviewing for completeness and following up with grantees on outstanding issues.
- Maintain on an ongoing basis the documents tracking the Foundation’s contributions, activities and impacts. Ensure all data is up to date and readily available to be used in presentations, reports and other materials.
Preparation of Board Meeting Materials
- Provide extensive support in preparing for the Board of Directors meetings, as well as additional presentations to the Board as needed.
- Coordinate and keep track of all materials for Board of Directors meetings in an organized, timely fashion.
- Draft, proofread and/or otherwise assist with the preparation of written materials, such as grant recommendations, memos and reports, as well as charts and other customized items as needed for the Board Meeting.
- Perform all administrative processes following board meetings, including but not limited to ensuring accurate and timely data entry, grant processing, award administration and internal records updates.
- Serve as the primary administrator of the Foundation GIFTS Online database.
- Conduct accurate and timely grants entries into the database and ensure overall information integrity and auditable records.
- Carry out timely, ongoing data entry of rolling grant requirements, such as reports, updated organizational documents and tax receipts.
- Prepare various database reports as requested, including grant status, outstanding items, allocation and payment reports as needed.
- Serve as the first point of contact for unsolicited requests and respond to inquiries as directed.
- Ensure timely management of the Foundation inbox.
- Assist in drafting and documenting declinations and creating accurate records and data entry pertaining to these.
- Support Foundation’s administrative tasks, including processing invoices , and other tasks as necessary.
- Provide administrative and logistical support for grantee related meetings and convenings organized by the Foundation.
- Contribute to the documentation required for the preparation of Foundation tax forms and fillings and annual public disclosure notification ad.
Communications and best practices
- Assist the Foundation’s communications by coordinating impact data and stories from the Foundation’s grantees and aggregated impact across program areas.
- Draft and/or otherwise assist with the preparation of briefing materials for internal stakeholders pertaining to the Foundation’s contributions, commitments and impacts.
- Gather and organize data, including information on the Foundation’s impacts, to support the Tiffany & Co. Sustainability Report and other communications as needed.
- Prepare relevant materials to be used for Foundation website updates.
- Conduct research on timely and important developments in philanthropy, Foundation’s program areas and other topics or organizations as needed.
- Serve as a partner in the implementation of efforts to streamline and improve the Foundation’s grantmaking process.
TIFFANY & CO. SOCIAL IMPACT:
- Research and vet nonprofit organizations that Tiffany & Co. is evaluating for support, including performing due diligence and impact analysis.
- Support the development of processes and systems for tracking corporate philanthropic support.
- Conduct research on trends, best practices and other research as needed, to support corporate philanthropy initiatives.
- Support on additional efforts, as needed.
- 2-3 years of philanthropy and grantmaking experience in private, corporate or family foundation
- Experience with grant management, including coordinating proposals and other application requirements, providing support for grantee communications and drafting materials
- Experience with grants administration processes, including data entry, database management experience, issuing award documentation and managing payments
- Experience with providing support for board meetings, and other convenings
- Experience working on a high performing team and in fast paced environment
- Experience working with grantees, nonprofit organizations and/or services
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Knowledge of and ability to use technology to efficiently accomplish work, such as using e-mail, the Internet, database management tools and Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Advanced proficiency with Excel functions (including formulas, graphs and charts) is a plus
- Ability to understand nonprofit programs, strategies, budgets and impacts
- Strong written communication, critical thinking, planning and organizational skills with precise attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communications skills
- Superb work ethic, and a commitment to achieving best outcomes in a timely manner
- Ability to anticipate outcomes and challenges, maintain consistent accuracy, multi-task, remain flexible, patient and efficient
- Capacity to work independently, as well as part of a team and to contribute to cross team initiatives
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a high-volume and fast-paced environment to complete assignments on deadline
- Commitment to advancing social justice, environmental conservation, diversity, equality and equity values
- Self-motivated, curious and energetic with a willingness to learn quickly
Preferred Qualifications/Primary Job Requirements:
- Experience working in a matrixed organization, and balancing competing requests and priorities
- Familiarity with nonprofit organization best practices, especially around programs, transparency, good governance and financial health
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices and field-wide trends in private and corporate philanthropy
- Broad understanding of social and environmental issues, and the connection between them
- Financial literacy and familiarity with nonprofit financials, such as audited financial statements and tax forms
- Advanced PowerPoint skills, including creating templates, charts and basic animation functions
- Advanced database management skill, such as ability to create new templates and reports
- Experience with GIFTS Online