Are You Curious About a Career in Human Resources?
How does becoming one of the brains behind a unique off-price business model sound? Do you enjoy working with people and take an analytical approach to solving problems? Are you excited to work in an environment with a diverse group of individuals and languages? The HR internship program will give you the skills and experience to jumpstart your career within our TJX Global Distribution Network.
Distribution Centers Basics: Welcomed. Valued. Engaged.
The TJX Distribution Centers are the hubs of our worldwide logistics operation. Our DC Leadership Teams are comprised of entrepreneurial problem solvers who are responsible for millions of units in inventory, developing creative plans to optimize the flow of merchandise, and above all, engaging and inspiring their teams. Being a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide, TJX relies on our Distribution Centers to run efficiently and effectively in order fuel our growing multi-billion-dollar businesses.
The Opportunity: Learn. Contribute. Repeat.
As a HR Intern at one of our Distribution Centers nationwide, you will Discover Different from day one—playing an active part in the daily operations of a multi-million-dollar distribution center. For 12 weeks during the summer, you will join our D/C Human Resources team and receive robust training and development through a mix of classroom learning, on-the-job training, and ongoing mentorship from your leadership team. HR touches every part of our business. From Talent Acquisition involved with hiring great talent, to Learning & Development, driving associate engagement and supporting employee relations with union and non-union associates you will have an opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and growing business. That’s where you come in.
Through this internship, you’ll have the opportunity to:
· Assist with all aspects of full cycle associate recruiting and onboarding
· Partner with Learning & Development team to support new hire orientations
· Assist HR Management with compliance and auditing of personnel files
· Support HR Business Partners with driving associate engagement
· Exposure to Payroll, Benefits, HR Leave Administration, Union/Labor Relations
· Assist with all special employee engagement events
· Attend seminars and meetings relative to the HR profession
· Assist with HR Communications: Postings, Flyers, and electronic communications
· Provides administrative and technical support to the Human Resources department on a variety of other functions.
You’ll also have the opportunity to work on a process improvement project and give a final presentation to Distribution executive team members upon the completion of your internship.
Who We Are Looking For: It Just Might Be You.
Ideal candidates will be strong, curious leaders with a keen eye for process optimization and team leadership. At TJX, you will grow your leadership and operational talents and put them to use as part of a collaborative team working towards executing, delivering, and achieving business goals and objectives. We are looking for natural leaders who never stop looking for efficiencies, improvements and new ways to motivate a team.
Specifically, we’re looking for:
· Rising Juniors and Seniors currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program
o Human Resources / Business majors preferred but not required
· Strong analytical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
· Proven leadership experience, team collaboration and strong communication skills
· The confidence and flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
· An entrepreneurial drive and business acumen
· Ability to have direct, candid, and productive conversations around performance
· Ability to work a flexible work schedule depending on business needs
Post Internship: We’ve Got Big Plans For You.
High performing Interns may be offered one of multiple opportunities upon successful completion of their internship experience:
· Return for a second Distribution Operations summer internship
· Join us in a full-time role through the Distribution Leadership Program upon graduation