Style is never in short supply at our more than 500 HomeGoods stores and we are constantly on a mission to provide the little surprises and extra touches that make a house feel like home. Same with working here. Our environment is ever-changing, yet always encouraging. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different.
Posting Notes: HomeGoods Store 0832 || 350 Washington Street || Boston || MA || 02108
Executes the daily tasks required for Store Loss Prevention and safety programs. Maintains strong partnerships with Store Management. Conducts apprehensions within established policies and guidelines. Communicates with store Associates on damage and shrink initiatives. Identifies and resolves internal and external theft.
- Adheres to established shoplifter guidelines and policies
- Provides prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to internal and external customers
- Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
- Observes, apprehends, and/or deters any acts of dishonesty from outside sources
- Participates in investigations and surveillance as assigned
- Ensures apprehensions are consistent with store theft activity
- Completes and distributes paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
- Maintains appropriate evidence, demonstrates understanding of law enforcement procedures and professionally participates in legal activities as needed (e.g., police calls, etc.)
- Coordinates and executes shrink related activities in partnership with Store Management
- Adheres to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
- Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
- Encourages Associate use of shrink reduction resources
- Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills and sound judgment
- Basic computer skills
- Basic time management skills
- Investigative / analytical skills
- Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs
- 0-2 years retail or security experience
At HomeGoods, we embrace the unknown – with new products, new challenges and new ways to make a house a home. Our products add little, special touches to customers’ lives and our people do the same for each other. Everyone supports each other to Discover Different – here and throughout the entire TJX family, which includes TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different means we embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.