The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an experienced Engineered Estimator in Germantown, TN.
This role is responsible for reviewing specifications from general contractors to create quotes for custom elevators, both traction and hydraulic. Manage projects throughout entire pre-bid process and remove barriers that may delay project schedule by working with engineers to determine if specific items in the specification can be met. Leverage knowledge of complex system dependencies to produce accurate quotes that downstream engineers can design. Interface with salespeople and branch staff to ensure proper procedures are followed and deadlines are met.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Review and analyze documentation for use in the preparation of New Installation Elevator quotes including specifications, takeoff forms, building drawings, and architectural drawings.
- Review and make necessary changes to quoted prices based on customer driven changes to ensure accuracy and completeness of data presented for submittal drawings.
- Prepare job status reports for interactive conference calls as necessary.
- Prepare accurate and timely scheduling of mechanical reviews and engineering verifications to ensure a precise quote is delivered in accordance with bid dates.
- Respond to internal and external customer requests within time specified in our service level agreements.
- Identify, resolve, and initiate problem resolution during the change management process.
- Manage and lead basic projects through the order process by removing barriers that arise in various stages of the project using project management skills such as communication, organization, and ownership of solutions.
- Prioritize jobs according to bid date to ensure the sales team’s needs are met.
- Enter and maintain data on mainframe and Order Management databases. Maintain related forms and files.
- Maintain shared drive folders to distribute quotes and supporting documents to the proper department.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree in a construction-related field is preferred; High School and/or Technical School is required.
- 4 or more years of project coordination in a construction-related field is preferred.
- Elevator experience is preferred
- Requires a basic knowledge of lean manufacturing and operational excellence.
- Basic project management skills such as communication, leadership, team management, negotiation, personal organization, and risk management are required.
- Strong customer service experience and abilities are required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- The ability to read, interpret, comprehend and organize technical documentation (architectural drawings, elevator architectural submittals, and elevator layout drawings).
- Knowledge of commonly used drafting concepts, practices and procedures is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required.
- Requires the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and decimals.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented to manage multiple projects.
- Manages time effectively to ensure high productivity and efficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments, tasks, set priorities and adapt to changing conditions.
- Does not require work to be quality checked and is able to check others work for accuracy.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to assist with containment projects, and regularly participates in continuous improvement projects.
- Manages and implements improvements on a regular basis.
- Proficient in investigating and closing quality concern reports.
- Proficient in all product lines within value stream.
- Maintains a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times, acknowledging and resolving customer complaints with minimal escalations.
- Maintains acceptable on-time delivery within value stream.
- Ability to work with estimating tools, reference materials, and databases.
- Subject Matter Expert for co-workers. Frequently trains others on process and procedures.
- Often assigned and completes special projects.
- Writes and updates job instructions and standard work.
- Plan and execute project meetings with branches with no supervision.
- Experience in more than one value stream (MOD, ETO, CTO, Components, Warranty) is highly preferred.
- Able to lead and provide updates for ODM meetings.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to contact us directly at 1-844-427-5461.