Job Description and Requirements:
Townsquare Media Trenton in Ewing, New Jersey, is looking to hire an Enterprise Reporter for NJ1015.com, the award-winning digital news arm of New Jersey’s largest news/talk radio station, New Jersey 101.5.
The Enterprise Reporter will have a broad and deep understanding of all things New Jersey with a passion for demanding accountability from the powerful, a drive for uncovering the stories that matter and an understanding of how to engage an audience for this important work.
The Enterprise Reporter will have a particular focus on mining public databases and keeping abreast of whistleblower and civil rights litigation while also helping to coach a team of digital reporters covering trending stories.
The right candidate should be a self-starter who can develop sources and leads while producing clean and authoritatively written copy. They should also be a multi-tasker who is comfortable both organizing long-term projects as well as taking the lead during breaking news.
The candidate should have experience in developing content for multiple platforms with a knack for adapting to the latest storytelling tools and techniques. The job requires an appreciation for search engine optimization and how to source stories through social media. Experience with video/audio editing and basic knowledge of online coding a plus.
This is a position with the flexibility to work both in a fast-paced newsroom and remotely. The position will involve some evening and weekend hours.
· Produce and edit several news stories each day
· Work alongside the Digital Managing Editor and News Director and with a staff of journalists to create compelling news content
· Take part in creative discussions with the radio station’s editorial team to develop content ideas based on news value and audience demand
· Respond to breaking news in a timely manner
· In consultation with the Digital Managing Editor:
—Conceive of innovative ways to distribute the content and drive audience
—Monitor audience analytics with the goal of improving performance
· At least 5 years of experience in online journalism and a strong editorial voice
· Understand what makes online content conversation-starting and good for SEO
· Strong writing and reporting skills with knowledge of AP style and the SPJ code of ethics
· Ability to focus under pressure
· Capacity for managing multiple tasks at once
· Great communication skills and attention to detail are a requirement
· Experience working with WordPress, HTML, Excel, Access and video
- 3 weeks of PTO (+ 9 paid holidays)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Casual, high-energy work environment
- Opportunity for upward mobility
- Company provided laptop
- Competitive salary + bonus program
- Company discounts
- Time off for volunteering
Please apply online at: https://careers.townsquaremedia.com/job-openings/?gh_jid=3094597
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Townsquare Media expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Townsquare Media’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
About Townsquare Media:
Townsquare is a radio, digital media, entertainment and digital marketing solutions company principally focused on being the premier local advertising and marketing solutions platform in small and mid-sized markets across the U.S. Our assets include 321 radio stations and more than 330+ local websites in 67 U.S. markets, a digital marketing solutions company (Townsquare Interactive), a proprietary digital programmatic advertising platform (Townsquare Ignite) and approximately 200 live events. Our brands include local media assets such as WYRK, KLAQ, K2 and NJ101.5; iconic local and regional events such as WYRK’s Taste of Country (update link!), the Boise Music Festival, the Red Dirt BBQ & Music Festival and Taste of Fort Collins; and leading tastemaker music and entertainment websites such as XXLmag.com, TasteofCountry.com and Loudwire.com