Are you a budding filmmaker or social media influencer? Toxic-Free Future seeks a creative and collaborative intern to join our communications team from October to December. The intern will work with our communications team to envision and create videos starring our campaign mascot Polluted Polly (pollutedpolly.com) for posting on TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook. This is a great opportunity for practicing skills to communicate environmental health and justice issues in a way that breaks through the crowded social media landscape in order to get people to take action.
ABOUT TOXIC-FREE FUTURE
Toxic-Free Future (TFF) is a national advocacy organization working to advance safer toxic-free products and prevent the use of harmful chemicals that result in pollution that harms human health and the environment. TFF believes everyone has a right to be healthy and live and work in toxic-free environments, especially disproportionately impacted Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) communities, and workers most impacted by the production, use, and disposal of toxic chemicals. TFF takes on reforming flawed regulatory systems, winning policy and market changes that protect the most vulnerable. We are a growing organization with a passionate, collaborative, and dedicated staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Envision and create compelling and creative videos starring our campaign mascot Polluted Polly (pollutedpolly.com) for posting on TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook, using both existing photos and footage and new footage.
- Monitor social media channels for memes to use
- Brainstorm creative concepts with the communications team
- Tailor content by platform, following best practices
- Proficiency in video editing for social media
- Strong sense of storytelling and narrative flow
- The ability to package serious information in a creative and clever way in order to draw attention
- The ability to work independently
- Interest in advocacy communications
- Commitment to Toxic-Free Future’s mission
Toxic-Free Future will provide program assistance to offset some of the expenses you may incur while participating in our program, such as cost of travel, meals, childcare, or minor supplies. This assistance is not an earning, it is a reimbursement for said expenses, and we do not require receipts. This program assistance will be $200 per month and will be paid as a check at the end of the month for the duration of your time with us.