TransPerfect Is More Than Just a Job…
Our greatest asset is our people, and nothing is more important to us than ensuring that everyone knows that. Each of our 90+ offices has its own individual identity, and each also has its own unique rewards.
TransPerfect Connect (TPC) is looking for Mandarin bilinguals at all levels with demonstrated experience utilizing their bilingual skills in a professional setting. We will train you to start your career path as an Over the Phone Interpreter.
Candidates must be fluent in Mandarin <> English and aspire to be a fantastic advocate for our end clients, utilizing their new learned talents to deliver superior consecutive interpretations. So, whether you’re helping a patient communicate with their doctor, or assisting a family get a loan with a bank, we want someone who is excited about using their language abilities to help others.
Quite simply, TransPerfect Connect Interpreters play an irreplaceable role in our success as a company. They are the ones who allow us to enable global communication for all, no matter the language barrier.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, company-sponsored life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account options, and a proactive and accessible HR department that focuses on the staff’s health and happiness.
- Career Advancements
We provide all Mandarin Interpreters with three weeks of remote/online training with a dedicated Trainer. The program is not only intended to teach various interpretation and listening skills, but to also expand our applicant’s knowledge of industry-specific terms and protocols. Applicants complete their training once they hold successful practice sessions with experienced interpreters.
After training, Mandarin Interpreters will be expected to demonstrate excellent customer service practices, communicate all information clearly and accurately, and adhere to work requirements. Successful Interpreters will have the opportunity to learn new subject matter, become qualified to service more challenging call types, and advance their careers.
Why Be An Interpreter With TransPerfect?
TransPerfect Connect is the world’s leading provider of interpreting solutions. Because of this achievement, some of the most prestigious brands and organizations in the world are partnered with TransPerfect Connect, giving you the experience and opportunity to be on the front line for these corporations.
But at the end of the day, what this position gives you is the chance to make a difference. To make a difference to the tens of millions of people that don’t have the ability to communicate freely. To make a difference in your own life, as the interpretation industry is growing faster and faster each and every year. To make a difference for your future, as many of our former interpreters are now in managerial and supervisory roles. In addition, multiple Career Advancements with our global company.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent Required
- Work from Home experience Required
- Professional proficiency (speaking, listening, and reading) in English and Mandarin at an above average level
- Ability to pass a language assessment
- Bilingual customer service experience Required
Required work tools to Work from Home
- A Windows or Mac computer (4GB RAM or higher) connected directly to an Internet modem or access point
- A dedicated landline/Voip telephone with no features (i.e. no call waiting)
- The telephone should have a headset that connects to the phone using a cable (not a wireless headset)
- Broadband (high-speed Internet connection)
- WIndows 10
- A quiet workspace/home office with no distractions
- A picture of workspace and verification of dedicated landline/voip with no features is required
Conditions of Employment – You are required to meet all the following requirements at the time of applying:
- You are required to be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident living within the U.S. for the past 3 years to apply for this position.
- You are required to be able to obtain public trust clearance.
- You are required to successfully pass both a general employment and federal background investigation.
TransPerfect provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by states, federal, or local law.