Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That’s the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Part Time Work from Home position working 20, 25, or 30 hours per week. Full Benefits Day One and prorated Paid Time Off. Must be available for 6 consecutive days of paid training M-F 9am-6pm EST. After training will work a set schedule M-F 10:30am-5pm EST with 2 holidays per year. Must be able to work a minimum of 6 hours on Mondays. Start dates of 6/14/21 or 6/22/21.
This position embodies Travelers’ mission to help provide peace of mind for our customers. Our Customer Service Representative is the first to give customers the assurance they need for life’s unpredictable moments. By handling inbound calls from our existing customers, our Customer Service Representative is able to build and maintain effective relationships with our customers and provide support to those who need it most. This role will assist customers and agents with a variety of calls that may include cancelling a policy, processing payments, sending policy documents (e.g., ID cards, proof of coverage) and other quick resolution calls. This rewarding opportunity is not the only perk: access to great benefits, collaborative work environments, plus job growth and development all contribute to a fulfilling career with Travelers. This job works under direct supervision and does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist customers and agents with a variety of quick resolution calls.
- Calls may include cancelling a policy, processing payments, sending policy documents (e.g., ID cards, proof of coverage,) and Travelers contact information.
- Ensures current and complete documentation of account notes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Licensing or Certificates
- Ability to successfully complete training by meeting expectations for assessments, knowledge checks and applying content.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Technical knowledge:
- Solid math and analytical skills.
- Strong keyboard skills and system navigation experience.
- Customer service:
- Must be able to meet quality and customer experience expectations.
- Ability to diffuse and assist irate callers.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.