Do you have what it takes to intern at the best bike company in the world?
Our Summer Intern Program provides you an inside look to your potential career path, providing you the opportunity to put your coursework to use in practical applications! You’ll be exposed to the day-to-day tasks and long-term strategies required in your department while creating valuable relationships working alongside experts in the field. Give us your best, and we’ll give it right back. Sound pretty sweet? Then come join us!
A bit about us:
Trek is an awesome place to work! We build only products we love, provide incredible hospitality to our customers, and change the world by getting more people on bikes. When you’re on our team, you’re taken care of, encouraged to learn and grow, and given lots of opportunities to do so.
Our WheelWorks Engineering team is seeking an eager, enthusiastic, and talented aerodynamics engineering candidate for our Summer Internship Program. We aim to give opportunities for engineering students or recent graduates who are looking to gain experience in the engineering field. In this role you will aid in developing the next generation of our products and bicycles.
Our Summer Intern Program begins June 2021 with a minimum commitment of 3 months, with a possibility of extension to 5 months. This is a full-time, paid internship ($15.00/hour), that’s right; we’re paying you to spend time with us, get some work done, and have some FUN while doing it! This internship is based at Headquarters in Waterloo, Wisconsin. The intern is responsible for coordinating their own housing and transportation.
Please include a cover letter along with your application.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- CAD (surface, solid modeling, and drawing generation)
- Design and prototyping
- Structured ride test coordination
- Lab testing
- Market research
- Make engineering design recommendations based upon past CFD and wind tunnel results
- Currently pursuing an Aerodynamics Engineering degree or recent graduate
- CFD & FEA
- Composite design and fabrication
- Able to perform thermal and stress calculations
- Wheel build knowledge is a PLUS!
- Proficient mechanical and hands on aptitude
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to interact competently with internal/external contacts
- Professional attitude, image, demeanor, and confidentiality
- Competent computer database / spreadsheet / word processing abilities / timelines