Position Summary/Job Description:
As a member of our global logistics operations team, the Global Trade & Logistics Specialist will support day-to-day operations for our logistics network. This team member is responsible for the international freight payment process as well as data integrity of shipment lead times. The Global Trade & Logistics Specialist will manage transportation data to report to the business and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Support import/export daily operations.
- Improve, implement, and maintain processes which ensures the timely processing of broker/forwarder/carrier freight invoices.
- Process freight claims for international freight carriers.
- Enhance and implement billing & freight audit processes.
- Collaborate with freight procurement and finance teams to understand operational impact on freight spend.
- Work with internal stakeholders to optimize processes, maximize partner performance, and minimize cost.
- Prepare, implement, and document standard operating policies and procedures.
- Establish and implement corrective and preventative actions through continuous improvement initiatives, including leading projects on cross-functional teams.
- Maintain positive, productive relationships with internal parties and external logistics partners.
- Perform IT systems related tasks as needed to provide up-to-date information on shipments.
- Present data clearly to a broad audience and translate into a business story.
- Other requirements to support Trek’s global supply chain, as needed or identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in international business, supply chain or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in international business required.
- Knowledge of import and export processes, controls, and documentation.
- Working knowledge of JDE/Oracle desired.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must be able to organize and prioritize the issues and activities necessary to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Results oriented and able to handle time-sensitive tasks
- Detail oriented, with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively across multi-functional teams.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic; accepts accountability and responsibility for actions.