U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders, and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism, and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our ‘Best’ series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position you will have the opportunity to leverage your strengths and skills to support the growing U.S. News Education Rankings data team.
As a Survey Data Associate, you will have the opportunity to work on integral tasks related to the publication of the annual U.S. News Education rankings. In this role you will serve as the primary point of contact for educational institutions and assist with statistical surveys and user management. You will also assist in the development and deployment of statistical surveys, peer reputation surveys, and email campaigns.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Assist with email campaigns to communicate various reminders and deadlines to educational institutions
- QA emails and surveys ensuring accurate content and functional links
- Review, correct, and verify statistical survey data submitted by colleges and universities
- Communicate timely with colleges and universities about survey and data collection questions
- Assist in various tasks involving entry level data analysis for the Best Colleges, Best Graduate Schools, Best Online Programs and other educational rankings done by U.S. News
- Assist in the development and implementation of statistical and peer assessment survey instruments
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required (social science degrees preferred)
- 1 – 3 years of experience working in data collection or survey research
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to maintain a high-volume email inbox
- Ability to meet project deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience in higher education
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or equivalent project management platforms
- Experience with Survey Monkey, Limesurvey, Qualtrics or similar survey software
- Experience developing data cleaning procedures to maintain accurate and high-quality data
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.