U.S. News & World Report is a digital first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years.
As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. During this yearlong internship, you will be a vital resource in building and growing U.S. News’ social media presence across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills to drive topical, relevant conversations on social media, in addition to strong graphic design and video skills to leverage U.S. News’ visual storytelling on social platforms.
This role will work closely with key stakeholders across multiple departments to plan and execute promotion for editorial content, product launches and initiatives. This yearlong internship will offer the opportunity to learn social media measurement tools and how to translate data into actionable insights.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Execute daily posting across multiple channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin.
- Create engaging multimedia content, including original video, for social platforms.
- Measure traffic and engagement on social media platforms and report on performance.
- Assist the social media team with promoting editorial packages, launch content and live event coverage for U.S. News’ Education, News, Health, Travel, Autos, Money and Brandfuse sections.
- Assist the social media team with defining strategy for video platforms including YouTube and TikTok.
- Stay on top of emerging trends in digital media and identify new opportunities to further grow the U.S. News audience.
- Knowledge of social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and TikTok
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Previous internship experience in a newsroom setting preferred
- Experience with video editing and graphic design
- Write and schedule social posts to U.S. News Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn handles
- Monitor engagement and performance on U.S. News social handles
- Conceptualize and produce video and graphics for social
- Assist social media team with promotion of enterprise content and editorial launch packages
- Learn and develop familiarity with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Parse.ly and CrowdTangle
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- This is a 1 year internship that pays $15 an hour
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration