U.S. Retirement & Benefit Partners (USRBP) is an independent national financial services firm specializing in public school and governmental employee benefits plans and employer-sponsored retirement plans. The business was formed in 2008 and today is the largest independent specialist serving the K-12 market with over one million clients nationally.
To learn more about USRBP, please visit our website: www.usrbpartners.com
USRBP is currently seeking an Accounting Intern to work out of its National office in Iselin, NJ. This individual will be responsible for assisting the finance team with the day-to-day, monthly and year end operations of the Accounting Department.
Work schedule will consist of approximately 16-24 hours per week during the summer and could potentially continue into the fall semester. We offer flexibility to work around the student’s class schedule. The start date would be asap.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with accounts payable functions, which include sorting, coding, and matching invoices, setting invoices up for payment, enter/upload invoices into the system, prepare check runs, etc.
- Assist with the 1099 required filings.
- Assist with data entry into the commission software management system.
- Assist with various administrative duties, general data entry, ad hoc projects, scanning, filing, and other functions for the accounting team.
- Assist in the processes which ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
· Student who is currently pursuing a degree in accounting is required.
· Strong computer skills, proficient in excel, and ability to demonstrate attention to detail.
· Strong organizational skills, analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
· No accounting software experience required.
· Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment to ensure that deadlines are met.
· Team player that can collaborate with others.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
$12/hr – $14/hr