Liberty Point Behavioral Healthcare is actively seeking a highly-motivated individual skilled in leadership and communication to fulfill the role of Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist (CTRS). The ideal candidate will have a positive demeanor and sharp attention to detail, will demonstrate consistency and reliability, and must have a heart for helping mentally and behaviorally disabled teenage boys.
Liberty Point Behavioral Healthcare is located at the edge of Montgomery Hall Park in Staunton, Virginia. We are a residential treatment hospital that has served our community for more than 16 years. We care for adolescent boys who struggle with behavioral health conditions and co-occurring intellectual disabilities. Our employees play a pivotal role in providing guidance, direction, and supervision to our young men. We take pride in providing treatment, education, rehabilitation, recreation, and cultural exposure through outings, while also providing a safe environment. Our mission at Liberty Point is to empower and equip young men toward an independent life through positive-based behavioral and vocational training, along with the help of the entire Liberty Point Team.
We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about us at: https://libertypointstaunton.com/
Job Description & Essential Duties:
- Ensures that Liberty Point has a quality and comprehensive resident Activity and Recreation Program
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, coordination, and dissemination of all related resident activities and related communication; plans and coordinates all resident activities including for Holidays, school integration days, and non-school days
- Assists staff and provides support to employees by introducing and educating staff to activities; assists, demonstrates, teaches, and instructs activities to residents
- Interacts and coordinates activities with the Liberty Point Educational Department and, in particular, the Health & P. E. Department
- Effectively inventories all activities and recreation equipment and ensures items are kept in working condition and/or replaces such items when deemed necessary through the departmental purchase request procedures
- Partners with and positively interacts with the Liberty Point Program Coordinator and Scheduling Coordinator when planning activities, events or outings for residents
- Provides resident ratio coverage in emergency or high-need situations
- Provides direct supervision and care for intellectually disabled adolescents in a residential setting
- Provides positive and appropriate intervention, limit-setting, response, problem-solving, and guidance when needed
- Provides effective, accurate, and legible documentation
- Demonstrates knowledge, understanding, and follow-thru with resident treatment plans and interventions
- Responds to children in a caring, mature manner while demonstrating sound professional boundaries with both residents and staff
Successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Therapy or related field
- Certified Recreational Therapist (CTRS) through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- Two (2) years’ experience providing Recreation/Activities Therapy. Prefer minimum of two (2) years in a psychiatric setting with adolescents
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Hold a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Working knowledge of recreational therapy programming
Successful candidates must also be able to:
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds,
- Effectively use the full range of body motion — sit, bend, kneel or stand for more than an hour if needed.
- Reflect behavior, attitude, and appearance appropriate to the position and be supportive of the facility and division philosophy, goals, and objectives
- Successfully complete and pass all components of Handle With Care & Verbal De-escalation Crisis Intervention Training,
- Effectively perform facility approved First Aid and CPR techniques (CPR, First Aid, and HWC training will be obtained during new employee orientation)
The ideal candidate is Outgoing & Energetic, Self-Motivated, Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, Able to multi-task, Able to understand therapeutic boundaries, Willing to be a team player and offer valuable insight to the team, Strong leadership qualities, and is able to effectively communicate both verbally and via written documentation
Liberty Point offers great employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Flexible scheduling — no mandates
- SIGN-ON BONUS — $500 at satisfactory completion of 6 months of employment; $1000 at satisfactory completion of 12 months of employment; both documented via formal review with supervisor (total = $1500)
- REFERRAL BONUS
- Home/Work Life Balance
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending or Health Savings Account
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Development Opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- A Challenging and Rewarding Work Environment
- Meals provided while on the job
- Company stock purchase discount
- Top-Notch Employee Assistance Program
Pay is Hourly (bi-weekly) and is commensurate with education and experience.
Liberty Point is a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace. A pre-hire drug screen, pre-hire background checks, and education verification are required of all new employees.
One of the nation’s largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were over $11 billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of U.S.’ Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has over 89,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points, an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states, Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhsinc.com
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.