The GRE is optional for Fall 2022 Admission. Not submitting the GRE will not be counted against an applicant.
The Graduate Programs in Biomedical Sciences at USU have grown from a single graduate student enrolled in the Physiology Ph.D. Program to approximately 220 graduate students in 2020.
Approximately 150 military and 70 civilian graduate students.
USU currently offers Ph.D. degrees in three Interdisciplinary Programs:
- Emerging Infectious Diseases – https://medschool.usuhs.edu/academics/geo/phd-in-emerging-infectious-diseases
- Molecular and Cell Biology – https://medschool.usuhs.edu/academics/geo/phd-in-molecular-and-cell-biology
- Neuroscience – https://medschool.usuhs.edu/academics/geo/phd-in-neuroscience
USU also offers doctoral degrees in Departmentally-based Programs:
Department of Medicine – https://medschool.usuhs.edu/academics/geo/hpe –
Master of Health Professions Education – https://medschool.usuhs.edu/academics/geo/hpe
Department of Medical and Clinical Psychology – https://medschool.usuhs.edu/academics/geo/phd-in-medical-psychology
- PhD in Clinical Psychology (CPS)* – Military Only – https://medschool.usuhs.edu/academics/geo/phd-in-clinical-psychology
- PhD in Medical Psychology (MPS) – Civilian Only – https://medschool.usuhs.edu/academics/geo/phd-in-medical-psychology
- PhD in Medical and Clinical Psychology (Dual track) (MCP) – Military and Civilian
Department of Preventive Medicine – http://www.usuhs.edu/pmb/
- Ph.D. in Environmental Health Sciences* – https://medschool.usuhs.edu/academics/geo/phd-in-environmental-and-occupational-health
- Ph.D. Medical Zoology – https://medschool.stage-drupal.usuhs.edu/node/62978
- Doctor of Public Health – https://medschool.usuhs.edu/academics/geo/phd-in-public-health
Master’s degree programs are offered in:
- Master of Health Services Administration & Policy
- Master of Health Professions Education
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Public Health
- Master of Tropical Medicine & Hygiene
Some degree programs limited to military students (indicated by *).
The University is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, and the Medical School is accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education. The Department of Defense, the USU Board of Regents, the President of USU, and the Dean of the F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine, actively support and encourage graduate education in the basic medical sciences at USU.