HJF is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow (COVID-19) to support The Military Health System Response to COVID-19 (MiHReC19) project through the Center for Health Services Research (CHSR) located at the Rockledge Office in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to CHSR.
The Military Health System Response to COVID-19 (MiHReC19) project will investigate the long-term effects of COVID-19 on the Military Health System (MHS). The project will use a comprehensive Health Systems approach in order to maximize the translatable, actionable knowledge generated from the lessons learned. The Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for initiating and carrying out research projects in collaboration with the Military Health System Response to COVID-19 research team. They will pursue health services and health system research along a focused line of inquiry and produce manuscripts and other knowledge translation products.
As part of the application process, two scientific writing samples must be submitted. Please be sure to include these along side your resume.
- Assists in designing, developing, executing, and implementing scientific research and/or development. (25%)
- Investigates the feasibility of applying a wide variety of scientific principles and theories to potential research questions and topics. (10%)
- Performs research utilizing knowledge of health systems and health services research. (25%)
- Conducts interviews and data analysis for qualitative and quantitative inquiries; keeps detailed records of experiments. (25%)
- Assists with the preparation of knowledge translation products such as abstracts, presentations for scientific meetings, and manuscripts, including conducting literature reviews. (15%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of health systems and health services research; ability to analyze and interpret data. Must have qualitative and quantitative experience. Experience with SAS required. Experience in R preferred. Must provide two writing samples.
Minimum Education: Doctoral degree required for this position.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum of 0-5 years of experience required for this position.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Doctorate (Academic) or better.