Job Title: Student Data Science/Machine Learning Intern
Location: US Remote
We Believe in Better!
We are a global information technology company that builds high-performance, security-centric solutions that can help change the world. Enhancing people’s lives through secure, reliable advanced technology is our vision.
At Unisys, we believe in better! Here, you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise, and solve complex problems with cutting edge technologies and solutions. You are part of a global diverse team that supports you, drives change, and delivers successful results consistently.
Our associates are at the forefront of everything we do, driving our clients’ successes while giving back to communities and making a positive impact on enhancing the quality of life to help make this world a safer and more secure place to live and work. Our success is a direct result of the work of our people who live and breathe our Core Beliefs. Simply put, we believe in better lives. Join us!
Do your best work:
· Working with a dedicated Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning team, learning the process for developing high-quality solutions
· Learn the process and performing data structuring, cleansing, visualization, etc.
· Learn how to implement and validate predictive models as well as create and maintain statistical models
· Share your knowledge with the team
- Working to develop AI/ML Proof of Concepts (PoCs) and deploy models into production for our product offerings
- Learning about and work on team to build and deploy MLOps pipelines for existing and new product offerings
- Tools and Technologies you will use: Hadoop, Spark, H20.ai, Cloud AI platforms, containerization; Data visualization tools (Tableau, R Shiny, Plotly, Grafana, etc.)
- Learn to work in a team environment – This is a global cross-functional team including data analysts, scientists, and engineers
- Develop and grow skills by delivering high-quality code, data analysis, and data visualization
Skills and experiences you will learn & apply:
· Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field
· A hunger to learn and work with emerging and cutting-edge technologies in areas of Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning
· Strong analytic and algorithmic skills
- Strong communication skills to include presenting quantitative concepts in easy to understand formats
· Basic understanding of machine learning and statistical algorithms and techniques.
· Experience in developing clean, efficient code in languages like R, Python, SQL, etc.
· Experience working with cloud-base tooling like AWS and/or Azure preferred