Need money for school??? We offer up to over $5000 a year in tuition reimbursement!
UPS is hiring individuals to work as part-time Package Handlers. This is a physical, fast-paced position that involves continual lifting, lowering and sliding packages that typically weigh 25 – 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Part-time employees usually work 3 – 4 hours a day, 5 days a week.
Package Handlers receive a competitive hourly rate and also an attractive benefits package. Please note that these opportunities are part-time only working approximately 15-20 hours per week.
We offer free public transportation that is available to you as soon as you start working for UPS.
CTA Bus #169. Pace Bus #’s: 390, 392, 395, and 890.
CTA schedules available at (708-836-7000)
RTA Pace schedules available at (847-364-7223)
We also offer major health benefits which include Major Medical, Prescription Card, Hospitalization and Life insurance, Vision, Dental & Dependent Coverage.
We offer PAID vacation time which includes One Week Vacation, 5 Discretionary Days, and 4 Option Days.
Essential Job Functions:
· Bend, stoop, crouch, squat, crawl, climb, stand, walk, and turn/pivot
· Lift, lower, push, pull, leverage and manipulate equipment or packages weighing up to 70 pounds
· Lift and lower packages while “unloading” at a rate of 700 to 1300 packages per hour and while loading at a rate of 500 to 1200 packages per hour
· Assist in moving packages weighing up to 150 pounds
· Grasp and maintain control of packages
· Read label information
· Lift packages to heights above the shoulder and lower to foot level as appropriate
· Perform tasks using simple hand grasping, fine hand manipulation and reach associated with assigned tasks such as paperwork, use of a computer or other data device, including hand-held scanners
· Operate powered equipment including extended belts and loading devices
· Have sufficient ability to communicate through sight, hearing, and/or otherwise, to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions
· Work at elevated heights, in enclosed spaces and on uneven walk surfaces
· Work in an environment with:
- Variable temperatures and humidity
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise
- Enclosed work area
· Demonstrate cognitive ability to
- Follow directions and routines
- Work independently with appropriate judgement
- Exhibit spatial awareness
- Concentrate, memorize, and recall
- Identify logical connections and determine sequence of response
- Process up to 2-3 steps ahead
- Read words and numbers
- Perform other functions that may be assigned
· Work cooperatively in a diverse work environment
****$100-$200 weekly bonus depending on shift****