Combat Documentation/Production Specialists are primarily responsible for supervising, planning and operating electronic and film-based still, video and audio acquisition equipment in order to document combat and noncombat operations.
- Operate and perform unit-level maintenance on motion, still and studio television cameras.
- Prepare captions for documentation images.
- Operate electronic and film-based processing, editing, audio and printing darkroom equipment.
Job training for a combat documentation/production specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and 12 weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and in the field.
- Interest in creative/artistic work.
- Preference for working as part of a team.
- Experience in school plays or making home movies.
- Interest in photography, graphics, art, speech, and drama.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Future Civilian Careers:
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with civilian film production companies, government audiovisual studios, radio and television stations, and advertising agencies. You’ll be qualified to pursue a career as a motion picture camera operator, audiovisual production specialist, sound mixer, recording engineer or broadcasting, and recording technician.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program:
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization.
- AAI CORPORATION.
- EATON CORPORATION.
- L-3 Communications Linguist Operations & Technical Support.
- Comcast Cable Communications, Inc.
- CISCO SYSTEMS.
- CDW, LLC.
- CoxCom, Inc.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be between the ages of 17-34.