Transportation management coordinators are primarily responsible for scheduling and selecting the modes of transportation for personnel and equipment. They organize, plan, and oversee the movement of those vehicles, personnel, and cargo worldwide.
- Mark, label cargo and freight shipments in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Document and inventory freight, cargo, and materiel shipments of all types.
- Perform system administrator duties such as installing software and uploading data to computer systems.
- Prepare equipment, cargo, .and personnel for travel to airports, seaports, and railways.
- Request and coordinate transportation to meet a movement mission.
Job training for a transportation management coordinator requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and six weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.
- Interest in motor vehicles, aircraft, and ocean liner vessels.
- Experience in coordinating transportation.
- Interest in planning events and working with people.
Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Future Civilian Careers:
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with transportation and logistics companies.
Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) Program:
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization.
- Rush Enterprises.
- Ruan Transportation Mgt. Sys. Inc.
- D. M. Bowman, Inc.
- Liquid Transport Corp.
- Transport Corporation of America, Inc.
- Sentinel Transportation, LLC.
- Nationwide Truck Brokers, Inc.
- J. B. Hunt Transportation, Inc.
- Total Quality Logistics, LLC.
- TMC Transportation, Inc.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.