The Unit Supply Specialist is primarily responsible for supervising or performing tasks involving the general upkeep and maintenance of all Army supplies and equipment.
- Receive, inspect, inventory, load/unload, store, issue, and deliver supplies and equipment.
- Maintain an automated supply system for accounting of organizational and installation supplies and equipment.
- Issue and receive small arms. Secure and control weapons and ammunition in security areas.
- Schedule and perform preventive and organizational maintenance on weapons.
- Operate unit level computers.
- Job training for a unit supply specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Combat Training and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training with on-the-job instructions. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field, including practice in handling and storing stock.
Some of the skills you’ll learn are:
- Procedures for shipping, receiving, storing, and issuing stock.
- Stock control and accounting procedures.
- Procedures for handling medical and food supplies.
- Movement, storage, and maintenance of ammunition.
- Interest in mathematics, bookkeeping, accounting, business administration, and/or typing.
- Ability to keep accurate records.
- Enjoy physical work.
- Interest in operating forklifts and other warehouse equipment.
- Total compensation includes housing, medical, food, special pay, and vacation time.
- In the Army, qualified students can earn full-tuition, merit-based scholarships, allowances for books and fees, plus an annual stipend for living expenses.
Future Civilian Careers:
- The skills you’ll learn will help prepare you for a career as a stock control clerk, parts clerk or storekeeper with factories, repair shops, department stores, and government warehouses and stockrooms.
PARTNERSHIP FOR YOUTH SUCCESS (PaYS) Program:
Those interested in this job may be eligible for civilian employment, after the Army, by enrolling in the Army PaYS program. The PaYS program is a recruitment option that guarantees a job interview with military friendly employers that are looking for experienced and trained Veterans to join their organization.
- AT&T, Inc.
- Hewlett-Packard Company.
- Kraft Foods Global, Inc.
- Sears Holdings Corporation.
- Time Customer Service, Inc.
- Walgreen Co.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Must be between the ages of 17-34.
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.