Coordinator, 2021 Walker Cup Match
(Temporary, Full-Time Position)
Pinehurst, NC 28370
From the USGA Handicap System to national amateur championships, to modernizing the delivery of the game’s Rules and supporting sustainable golf course management practices, the United States Golf Association promotes the health of a game that inspires, challenges, and rewards like nothing else can.
Are you looking to join a dynamic team that works together to promote and conserve the true spirit of the game of golf?
The Coordinator will be primarily responsible for the volunteer program, social functions, member support and local ticket sales of the 2021 Walker Cup Match but will also help with day to day Walker Cup administration and other championships as needed.
“Engagement is a temporary, full-time assignment and expected to last approximately 18 months”
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- The volunteer program duties will include developing a volunteer database and maintaining that database as well as handling all the volunteer inquiries, mailings, uniform program, payment, scheduling and training of all volunteers. The training program for the Walker Cup needs an overhaul and this person will update all training presentations.
- The social functions will include working with the Walker Cup staff to identify all social function activities, making those arrangements and overseeing the functions during the actual Walker Cup. As guests are invited to partake in social functions, this person will track RSVPs and communicate to guests all of the details of those functions for the Walker Cup.
- The Walker Cup will be supported largely by members of Seminole Golf Club and this person will track all of the package sales, assist with keeping up to date records, work with the finance team to issue invoices and track payments and develop reports for the Walker Cup staff and the key representatives of Seminole Golf Club.
- Ticket sales for a Walker Cup largely happen on a local level and this person will need to develop a local plan to market tickets to area golf clubs and the local golf community.
- The USGA’s Walker Cup staff also plays a role in player services for the U.S. Open and Senior Open as well as manages the U.S. Amateur. This person will assist with these three championships in 2020 and to a lesser extent in 2021 as needed.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE USGA:
- A BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sports Management, or related field preferred
- 1 year of golf event management or related experience required
- Clear and professional phone manners
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Neat and business-like writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Golf knowledge is preferred
About the USGA:
The USGA celebrates, serves and advances the game of golf worldwide. Founded in 1894, we conduct golf’s premier professional and amateur championships, including the U.S. Open and U.S. Women’s Open. With The R&A, we govern the sport via a global set of playing, equipment and amateur status rules. Our operating jurisdiction for these governance functions includes the United States, its territories and Mexico. The USGA Handicap System is utilized in more than 40 countries and our Course Rating System covers 95 percent of the world’s golf courses, enabling all golfers to play on an equitable basis. The USGA campus in Liberty Corner, New Jersey, is home to the Association’s Research and Test Center, where science and innovation are fueling a healthy and sustainable game for the future. The campus is also home to the USGA Golf Museum, where we honor the game by curating the world’s most comprehensive archive of golf artifacts. To learn more, visit usga.org.
The United States Golf Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer