United States of Care is searching for an intern to join our Communications team in Spring or Summer 2022. The mission of the United States of Care is to ensure that everyone has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. As a nonpartisan nonprofit, we are building and mobilizing a movement to achieve long-lasting solutions that make health care better for everyone.
The Intern will support all departments within United States of Care – programs teams, operations, and development, with particular emphasis on their focus area of communications. Potential projects include policy research, writing blogs/releases and social media management. Interns will also be encouraged to take advantage of local health care and networking events, and to bring that content back to share with our team. We are accepting applications for both Spring and Summer terms. Spring internships are part time, 20 hours per week. Summer internships are full time, 40 hours per week.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the United States of Care team in research, planning, and operations;
- Be able to read, understand, and summarize information and research in a concise manner for respective supervisor;
- Stay up to date with current health care related policies.
- Draft and publish blog posts and press releases for website;
- Draft and manage content for social media platforms;
- Organize press and state tracker spreadsheets.
- Must have a strong commitment to ensuring everyone in the U.S. has access to quality, affordable health care, and be open to operating in a bipartisan atmosphere exploring multiple policy solutions to achieve that mission;
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or masters program, or between academic programs, preferably with a focus on Public Health, Public Policy, Health Care, Communications, or Economics;
- Flexible and enthusiastic about working in a startup environment and willing to take on a wide range of tasks necessary to support a growing team;
- Self-directed, takes initiative, and able to manage competing priorities;
- Relevant work and internship experience;
- Strong communications and writing skills;
- Microsoft Office and G Suite proficient;
- Communications Specific: Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and social media management experience a plus;
- Communications Specific: experience writing press releases a plus.
Spring internships are part time, and require approximately 20 hours per week. Summer internships are full time, and require 40 hours per week. Internships at United States of Care require a full three month commitment, and are fully remote as a result of the current federal public health emergency. In your application, indicate your preference for Spring or Summer terms. Application deadline is October 15, 2021.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. USofCare is unable to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ an applicant.
Internships are temporary positions and provide a $1,320 monthly stipend for part time and $2,640 monthly stipend for full time. There is also the opportunity for school credit, if permitted by your college or university.
Interested candidates should apply through this link: https://unitedstatesofcare.org/career/communications-internship/?positionApplying=Communications+Internship