The Management Associate program is our entry level program for college graduates to help accelerate their professional development. Management Associates are provided between 12-24 months of training across multiple functional areas with work assignments designed to assist in both personal and skill-set development. The role may include rotational assignment(s) within the department. This program is designed to strengthen leadership capabilities to prepare the college graduate for advanced roles within our operations or in a number of disciplines that support our operations.
U. S. Steel has an opening for a Management Associate – Maintenance in one of our Steel Manufacturing facilities. Training consists of classroom and “hands on” work experiences in areas such as Safety, Quality, Communication, Leadership, Teamwork, and Problem Solving. Specific process and equipment training will also be provided. Our facilities operate 24/7, 365 days a year. Position requires rotating work schedules, weekends and/or holidays work.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Apply engineering and/or business principles and problem solving techniques in a manufacturing environment to ensure maximum operating efficiency while handling the pressure of managing a production crew in a heavily unionized environment
• Supervise, direct, and coordinate the efforts of experienced technicians to keep the production operations running at maximum efficiency with minimum interruption; consult with other production and maintenance managers, plant engineers, staff professionals, and outside equipment manufacturers; and select, train, and supervise employees.
• Make design modifications to existing equipment to reduce maintenance improve reliability and improve product quality. Performing equipment failure analysis and making appropriate recommendations.
• Review proposed equipment replacement or upgrades, including capital projects with multi-million dollar budgets.
• Work with consultants and equipment vendors to ensure process requirements and applicable standards and codes are met.
• Engage in maintenance planning functions to minimize downtime; investigate process improvements and participate in facilities upgrades.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Engineering Technology.
• Must have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university at the time of hire
• Must have less than three years of professional work experience
• Extensive computer skills with Microsoft Office products
• Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, weekends, and holidays
• Prior internship a plus
Link to apply:
Recruiter for PeopleScout supporting US Steel