United Way of Greater Union County’s mission is to improve lives and build strong communities by uniting individuals and organizations with the will, passion, expertise, and resources needed to solve problems. We envision a community where all children receive a quality education, where the cycle of poverty and financial dependence ends, where everyone has access to affordable health services, and where all families’ food, shelter, health, and safety needs are met.
United Way of Greater Union County is offering an exciting internship opportunity within the development department. The unpaid internship can provide school credit and offers valuable experience in the non-profit, fundraising, and event planning industries. This position will be based out of our office in Elizabeth and is ideal for someone seeking a career in non-profit, marketing, fundraising, or communications. Candidates must be self-motivated, a team player, result-oriented, and dedicated to making a difference in the lives of families within Union County. The position will work directly with the Development Manager on the donor cultivation process, event planning, and/or communications.
- Relationship Building and Retention
- Researching/Data Mining
- Office duties including bulk mailings and database management
- Volunteer recruitment (includes attending events some nights and/or weekends)
- Logistics and Event management
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide support to social media efforts and event promotion
- Proofreading, fact-checking, and editing communications materials
- Helping identify, plan, and implement new communication strategies, platforms, and tactics
- Supporting team during crisis management situations
- Completed at least one year at a university/college working toward a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or higher in Communications, Business, Marketing, Non-profit, or a related field.
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and internet research tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with the United Way mission and service population is a plus.