**If you are an innovative, critical thinker that would like to be part of a team that moves the University of Massachusetts Medical School to autonomous service delivery framework apply now!
Solutions Development Intern (Virtual)
Job Number: 2021-38078
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: UMass Med School
Department: School – IT-Customer Service – W875038
Job Type: Part-Time
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: Aug. 9, 2021
UMass Medical School’s Information Technology Innovation Internship program is designed to provide exceptional opportunities for talented students and to strengthen UMMS’ technology ecosystem through the innovative ideas and infectious energy of the interns.
The IT Intern will get an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement and advancing the health and well-being of the people in Massachusetts and the world through ground-breaking development in education, research and health care delivery.
It’s an exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! U.S. News & World Report ranks UMass Medical School 12th in the country for primary care, and this internship will provide a unique opportunity to learn and gain valuable skills in an elite academic and research institution that is among the most affordable in the country.
- Utilize innovative ideas and approaches to assist in the development of working models to serve the needs of our faculty, students and researchers
- Complete a project from start to finish and write-up and present the work product to the UMass community
- Participate in team projects
- Conduct online research
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be a currently enrolled student in a higher education institution or recent graduate
- Solid analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Proven interest in IT and passion in furthering the mission of UMMS
- Must have above average academic performance
- Intermediate to Advance knowledge of Scripting and programming using Java Script, C#, ReactJS, Node, Python, etc.
- Intermediate to Advance knowledge of Web Technologies (HTTP, JSON, HTML5, and CSS3)
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programing Principals
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies and services
- An Understanding of serverless and microservice design including (AWS Lambda, SQS, SNS, Kinesis)
- Knowledge in Application hosting solutions including (IIS, Tomcat, Apache)
- Knowledge of developing and maintaining proper technical and user documentation in a consistent and structured manner.
- Understanding of Agile practices.
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
- Ability to identify and learn emerging technologies.
As a Solutions Development Intern you will gain experience in:
- Software Development
- Solutions Architecture using template driven design and implementation
- Serverless Compute and Event Driven Architectures
- Cloud & Hybrid Cloud Technologies and Services
- Test Driven Development using Automated Testing Services
After completing the internship program, you will have a working knowledge in:
- Design and Develop enterprise solutions using existing and emerging technologies.
- Implement Solutions utilizing Cloud or Hybrid Cloud environments utilizing template development
- Produce Solutions that improve efficiencies while reducing redundant & repeatable processes