UPMC Mercy is hiring a casual CT Technologist or CT Technologist Advanced to join the CT department team! Whether you are an experienced imaging professional looking to pick up extra hours or a new graduate eager to apply your education, this could be your opportunity!
Are you someone who thrives off working with a close team? At UPMC Mercy, each department collaborates with one another, so you will experience a culture like no other!
The casual CT Technologist will have a varied schedule based on the needs of the department, which can include, day, evening and night shift hours. No call required!
Final candidates will be selected for a job title within the career ladder that reflects level of education, experience, and manager discretion at the time of offer. The CT Technologist Advance’s starting rate is $25.81/hour.
- Performs computed tomography procedures utilizing established scan protocols, including contrast administration without requiring constant supervision.
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, reconstruction and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol.
- Ensures all exams within his/her area of responsibility are properly coded and tracked through RIS system, all exams are properly networked to ISITE for archiving and interpretation, and all charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Administers PO, rectal and IV contrast per physician orders/department policy and assesses patients for potential risk factors prior to the administration of the contrast media required for the imaging procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient’s fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment to adjust protocols, and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic CT purposes.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect. Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Identifies all patients properly by using two patient identifiers and utilizes universal protocol when performing procedures. Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data. Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Demonstrates proper technique in venipuncture; demonstrates proper use of power injector according to set protocols set by department and/or manufacturer.
CT Technologist Advanced:
- Performs or assists Clinical Specialist in performing QA, regulatory testing, and other technical and research initiatives.
- Assists with the training of staff and student technologists.
- Monitors quality control activities and demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge in Diagnostic Imaging by providing patient care as defined by the most up to day protocols and procedures.
- Demonstrates competency of specialty equipment (i.e. 3D recon, cardiac scanning, etc.) and analyzes data promptly.
- Participates in standardization activities with system-level workgroups.
- Demonstrates the ability to function independently, and is able to cover off shifts, on-call responsibilities, and perform services at satellite facilities, where applicable, while continually communicating with lead and management team.
- Performs all job responsibilities of CT Tech I.
- Works directly with Radiologists regarding protocol development.
- Provides staff with ongoing performance information, uses appropriate counseling and corrective action during performance evaluations.
- Directs and ensures the development of staff through effective orientation and developmental programs.
- Develops, manages and implements short and long-term goals for all areas related to the growth and development of the Operations Division Departments. In collaboration with administration, develops and manages staffing and operating budgets.
- Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology or completion of accredited CNMT program.
CT Technologist Advanced:
- 2 years CT experience required.
- ARRT certified as a CT Technologist.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- ARRT certified as a Radiologic Technologist is required or certified by a CNMT program.
- Must obtain CT Board Certification within 12 months of hire date.
- CPR or BLS Required
- CPR required based on AHA standards that include both a didactic and skills demonstration component within 30 days of hire
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting with renewal
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance with renewal
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
More than just competitive pay and benefits, UPMC’s Total Rewards package cares for you in all areas of life — because we believe that you’re at your best when receiving the support you need: professional, personal, financial, and more.
At UPMC, we’re driven by shared values that guide our work and keep us accountable to one another. Our Values of Quality & Safety, Dignity & Respect, Caring & Listening, Responsibility & Integrity, Excellence & Innovation play a vital role in creating a cohesive, positive experience for our employees, patients, health plan members, and community. Ready to join us? Apply today.